November 22, 2011

Your the besT :')

Everyone once in a while, I stumble onto a story that I did not write but want to share with others. This is one of them.
I chose to share it with you because it reminds me so much of what my BEST FRIEND did for me so many years ago.
The Friendship Story has been floating around the Internet for quite some time now but I have no idea who wrote it.
One day when I was a freshman in primary school, I saw the new kid in my class walking home from school His name was Ali Hanafi (Epy). It looked like he was carrying all of his books. I thought to myself, Why would anyone bring home all his books on a Friday? He must really be a nerd. I had quite a weekend planned with football game with my friends. So I shrugged my shoulders and walked on.
Just then a bunch of kids ran toward him, knocking the books out of his arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt. His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet from him. As he looked up, I saw a terrible sadness in his eyes. My heart went out to him. I jogged over to him, picked up the glasses and handed them to him.I think maybe the kids wee in a rush searching for something somewhere without noticing Epy .
Diorg tu memang macam tu , takpe nanti aku jumpa diorang . bodoh betul” I commented.
He looked at me and said, Hey, terima kasih! There was a big smile on his face. It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude.
I helped him pick up his books and asked him where he lived. As it turned out, he lived near me. at quarters MPK . the thing is , his house is just infront of mine -,- .As we walked home, I discovered he was a pretty cool kid. I asked him if he would like to play football with me and my friends on Saturday. He said, “Boleh jugak. We hung out together all weekend and the more I got to know Epy, the more I liked him. My friends liked him too.
On Monday morning, I saw Epy carrying his huge stack of books again. I stopped him and said, Epy, ko nak jadi budak tough ke ha sampai buku2 yg belambak ni ko nk bawk sorang2 ?! He laughed and handed me half the books.
Over the next 2 years,Epy and I became best friends , were 10y/o by then. By our first year in morning  session year, Epy had filled out and looked great. He was one of those guys that really found himself during primary school. All the girls loved him. He had studied hard and was valedictorian of our class.
On graduation day 2007 (he was 10y/o), he was one of the top flight student and he was given the oppurtunity  to give a speech. I could see that he was nervous. So I smacked him on the back and said, Hey, Epy, kau terbaekk la! He looked at me with one of those really grateful looks and smiled, ‘Thanks.”
He started his speech, Pengijazahan adalah masa untuk mengucapkan terima kasih kepada orang-orang yang membantu anda membuat melaluitahun-tahun yang sukar: ibu bapa anda, guru-guru anda, adik-beradik anda, mungkin jurulatih, tetapi kebanyakannya kawan-kawan anda. Saya di sini untuk memberitahu anda bahawa sebagai rakan kepada seseorang adalah hadiah terbaik yang anda boleh berikan. you , during that time , i was recording his speech and i was shocked because i was searching for this recording for years and finally i found it .
Then he began to tell the story of the first day we met. I stared at him in disbelief when he told how he had planned to kill himself that weekend. He had cleaned out his locker so his mom wouldn’t have to do it later. I heard a gasp go through the crowd as this handsome and popular boy told about his weakest moment.
He looked hard at me, gave me a little smile, and said, “Thankfully, my friend saved me from doing the unspeakable.”
His mom and dad looked at me with a grateful nod. Not until that moment did I realize that in one small gesture I changed a person’s life. Now I never underestimate the power of my actions. I learned that the support of a caring friend can impact someone in ways we may not fully understand and appreciate.

Since then , i rolled the recording tones  of times ! rolling   over and over and over . Now im a sweet 14y/o boy in 2011 .i've gained a lot of experience through out my past years with Epy . Epy ? well , unfortunately he left me , his family and friends . He had to go . He is now on the other path/side of the world ( al- fatihah ) . He suffered a seriously blood  infects ' leukemia ' . It was just a blink of an eye he passed away . he is happy now i guess :'D . from here , i learned that not anyone can be a GREAT friend , but a  GREAT friend can come from anyone .. i'll never forget you friend ..  A TRUE FIREND IS A FRIEND WHO LAUGHS AT YOUR JOKE EVEN THOUGH ITS NOT FUNNY :D

No comments:

Post a Comment